View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 12:29 AM   #7
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD; Nexus 7; PRS-350, 950; Kindle K; OnePlus One; Galaxy S4; MBP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
Anyway, I think Sony's downfall began when they bought Columbia Music. They began to worry about their empire and not about the consumer/products.
Spoken like a person who waited for the Minidisc to become the viable live recording and storage medium it should have been. Then flash recorders and PMPs woke everyone from the spell of arbitrary obstacles between them and their own files.

Sony has never recovered from the time they wasted crippling hardware innovation with in-house content protection. And they didn't even succeed, as evidenced by the spread of piracy through homebrew.

Which is a shame, because even now, their hardware can be glorious.

For people who favor immersive complexity over attractive simplicity, the Vita has to be the most perfect gaming handheld ever made. I even liked their robots. Years after Sony stopped development, a friend of mine still loves his Aibo.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote