Both the kernels from rastik and from thomass are bad in the same way. This is strange because I tested the code on both an image and mmc device. I suppose that last speedup made it twitchy -- perhaps I uploaded the wrong script. The OLDER ones work. Try one that is not the latest version and check to make sure that "Linux-" is within the first 40 bytes of the file. Thanks.
I will download the latest script and see why it no longer works for you. Hmm.. :-(
Yes... Last minute change bit me. I removed the two lines that reset $S1 and $S2 and now it works (version 1.3). That last little speed enhancement went awry... But fixed now. Anyway, I have good new images created with version 1.1 getkernels script. Thanks guys. And I am glad we caught and fixed the bug in the v1.2 script too.