View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #70
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
We've been round this loop before on MR.

It all depends on your definition of "you".

There are loads of things that I do on a desktop that would be a pain to do on a tablet with a Bluetooth keyboard, but you may not have to do them.
I'd also throw in "for the time being". There are many things -- FOR THE TIME BEING -- that tablets are not sufficient tools for. I actually did my taxes on my iPad this year. Who knows, 3 years from now, I may do my photo editing solely on my iPad 6th gen.

Who knows...in 5 years, you really will just have a table with keyboard doc (for those times when typing and mousing is better). Today's efforts are but the first baby steps.

Today's arm based tablets don't have near the horse power of Intel desktops and laptops. They can't and run 10+ hours on a battery. But 5 years from now?

Right now tablets do _some_ things better than PC's. The PC is just going to continue to loose ground on what "you must have a pc" for. I think Jobs was right to use the truck/car analogy. Trucks are still around, just more people use cars.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote