View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #365
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Currently trying it as well. I also got error 6 in phase 2/2. I think I'll simply copy over the pristine 5.0.0 root image and do an update from there. Much easier than manually uninstalling all hacks. I'll keep you updated.

Update: It worked. Here are the steps I took:
  1. Make sure that you are using the diags partition with SSH. To install, enable usbnetwork while normally booted, then: dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p2_ssh.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p2 bs=4K
  2. Create ENABLE_DIAGS file on the "USB drive", and reboot.
  3. Once in diags, enable usbnetwork by touching the N - U - Z - X items.
  4. Wait for 30 seconds, then SSH to 192.168.15.244 (user: root, pw: mario)
  5. dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p1.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=4K
  6. dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0p3 bs=4K (this resets a few settings, but actual content is still kept)
  7. idme -d --bootmode main
  8. rm /mnt/us/ENABLE_DIAGS; sync; reboot
After that, I could update to 5.1.0 without problems. I'll now check the localization procedure (Since 5.1.0 includes french, german, spanish, brazilian portuguese, I guess that these translations are now obsolete; there are still other languages for which this may be useful).

Last edited by ixtab; 04-29-2012 at 10:16 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote