View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2
Just to be picky:

I usually go for one-liners in this style instead, but it's more of a personnal choice, and the fact that I have a semi-smart sudo function aliased to 's' in my zshrc, meaning I don't mind spamming sudo, and I still mostly save keystrokes over quotes/parentheses ^^.
(I don't like to cd for a one-liner, even in a subshell, and don't like to chain stuff without making sure the first part successfully exited):

sudo wget http://www.sudoforlunch.co.cc/fastboot -O /usr/bin/fastboot && sudo chmod -cvR a+x /usr/bin/fastboot

(Same goes for chmod -cvR, it's pretty much how I always call chmod, so it's pretty automatic for me, and I guess the fact that I almost never use octal perms is my small way to get back at maths? . In the same vein, ls usually means ls -lash for me ).

And geekmaster probably meant "sudo ./fastboot", not "./sudo fastboot", since you probably want to run the *fastboot* binary in the current directory, not sudo, which should already be part of your system and in your $PATH .

If that didn't make any kind of sense whatsoever, my bad, I'm running on a couple of hours of sleep, so I'm pretty out of it ^^.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-10-2012 at 01:43 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote