View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 01:36 AM   #62
BoldlyDubious
what if...?
BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paper & electrophoretic
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
You talk about bad-quality - a subjective judgement... and someone has to make the judgement...
I did not make myself clear. I intended that if (as I proposed) you can request a substitution for unsatisfactory content, bad-quality content will see more substitutions than good-quality one. And appalling-quality content will be substituted almost always. So media companies will have difficulties in selling bad-quality content, and will tend to avoid proposing it to consumers.

Quote:
You also forget the large number of people who will take content then, when finished, demand an exchange claiming "it was unsatisfactory" despite their use and enjoyment.
I'm not forgetting that. That's the reason why -in my first posts in this thread- I hypothesized a (short) time limit to request substitution, and the possibility of excluding short-lifespan content from substitution.
If the time limit for exchanging a book is set at (say) 24 hours, only an extremely fast (and dedicated) cheater could defeat the system... and I doubt that he/she will take much pleasure in reading the "stolen" book :-)

Quote:
.. and you don't even need your "pie in the sky" digital exchange as this already happens with physical goods as has been recommended many times in this forum.
It already happens, but entirely on a voluntary base. I propose to make it mandatory.
Why is my scheme "pie in the sky"? Are existing laws that force companies to set up protection systems for users similar to the one I am proposing (to name just one: warranty!) "pie in the sky"?
BoldlyDubious is offline   Reply With Quote