View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
I have a Xoom with the Kindle reader app installed. The Xoom's 16:9 aspect ratio is ideal for reading - much the same dimensions as a HB book. That said, I only use it to read magazines or, on occasion, a technical publication or a book containing a lot of illustrations. Reading via backlight is not my preference but that is strictly one's personal choice. My prefered devices for reading are: is 1) Kindle DXG. 2) Kindle Touch, 3) Fire.
But you have a Kindle device and a library in Kindle format. The OP has a Kobo Touch and ePub eBooks. So for the OP, using the Bluefire Reader app makes much more sense then using the Kindle app. That said, one thing I really dislike about the Kindle app is the forced large margins. Bluefire has very small margins and looks a lot better on the screen. Also, if there is an Android or iOS phone in the mix now or in the future, Kindle will not work well as the margins eat way way too much of the limited screen size.

This is not a put-down of the Kindle app. It's just that (IMHO) I feel that Amazon made a design choice that I feel doesn't work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote