Thread: Touch Case for Touch?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #308
tbb007
tbb007 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Looking for a new case for my Kobo Touch.

Currently have a hardcover ex-point "folio" style I got for spit when Borders was closing, and I'm pretty happy with it; I don't mind the extra weight as a tradeoff for the protection it offers.

But I'm considering getting a case with an integrated reading light, and if possible, I'd like it to address these small annoyances:

1. Though my present case holds the Kobo just fine, it's about 1.5 inches larger than the device both top to bottom and side to side when closed; it fits OK in the large pocket of my leather jacket, but when the weather gets nicer, something closer to the device's "actual size" would be easier to carry.

2. Those elastic bands won't last forever, and as others have noted, the one in the upper right gets in the way of the power switch (and will probably wear out even faster as a result).

I haven't found a case that answers those two issues, and has a light, and offers similar protection to the one I have, with the possible exception of this one:

But I can't find a detailed description of that case, or a review, anywhere, despite several retailers carrying it.

Anyone have any actual experience with it? Soft case or hard? Where is the light (spine? top?)? Is it retractable? And how is the device held in?

Thanks in advance.
tbb007 is offline   Reply With Quote