View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #27
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
That worked a treat -thanks!

When I converted the file with the official plugin for Indesign the file came 6.2 MB. Now i've converted it with the official Kindlegen software it is 9.7Mb! Nearly a 50% increase in size which means Amazon take a bigger cut (because they charge publishers more the bigger the file is).

Is there anyway I can download the previous version of the software?
The file produced by Kindlegen is larger because it contains the older mobi version for older devices, plus the new KF8 version for Kindle Fires and the apps that support it, plus it contains the original source code (the ePub). The source gets stripped out and only the version that can be supported is being delivered to the customer... not the entire 9.7Mb. I believe the delivered size of the file is what is being used for what Amazon charges in wireless delivery fees.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote