View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
VirgoGirl
"Why is it doing *that*?"
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Kobo Touch & Glo, responsible for 2 PaperWhites
Thanks for the reply, and the file!!

It seems like the reader firmware is far more complicated than it should be, having to go in and edit the image files when it should simply remove the old files itself. I used Calibre once with my KT, but when I ejected it I got a "reset to factory settings" alert. So I stopped using anything other than Windows to drag and drop onto the card, hoping to avoid that error message again.

My husband thinks I'm spending way too much time being concerned about this reader, I should just use it and live with buggy software. I'm just annoyed that it doesn't to work as it's advertised it should - I'm trying to avoid saying "work they way it's supposed to work" as I'm not quite sure what that *is*. Sometimes I'm at Chapters, looking at the Kobo and I get a sales pitch from one of the floor people. I don't ask for info, they just come up and start in. They still tell me how it can read various formats, use a sideloaded card, hold as many books as the card can handle, etc etc etc, when a lot of what they say doesn't really work.

Ah, I digress. Thank you again for the help! I really appreciate it!
VirgoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote