1) Is this a "normal/common" issue? I frequently read "I'm not having that problem, it's just YOU" on forums, which is never good.
You are having normal problems with SD cards with a large Library.
2) Does the firmware hold onto removed file covers normally or is there something wrong with my firmware - again?
I depends on how you removed the Books from the Kobo.
3) What can cause the "ghost entries" in the library?
4) WHY would the firmware run slowly at 635 books when it can supposedly deal with 32G worth of data (if you believe the advertising)? The .12 firmware I had only started acting up at 1300 books.
Blank covers severely impact the speed.
5) Is there a limit to how many books you should stick on the reader at one go? I haven't had a problem before with adding 60+ files at one time.
I have A MSD card, 1900 books in the Library and running 1.9.17 firmware. From a clean Factory reset & update: (or if you want to try and avoid a reset delete all images in the images folder).
I load 1000 books in one go, using Calibre. I then run the cleanup.bat file (attached, change the drive letter to match your Computer), to clean up the images folder.
After that I load 100 books at a time and then run the cleanup file every time.
I know I'm asking many, many questions, maybe some of which are unanswerable. I just want to love my KT again, like I did when I first got it back last August, but it's difficult when it keeps acting up. I *have* to love my kids, despite their behaviour, I don't have to love my KT.
Thanks for reading, I appreciate it.