View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 06:24 AM   #1
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505, Nook Color(CM7), iPad3
Hanlin with large number of books?

I currently read ebooks using TealDoc on a Palm T3. I have a large (3000+) collection of ebooks in text and PDB format (easily convertible to text). I'm considering an e-ink ebook reader. I have no interesting in wireless access, PDF support or DRM'd books.

My main concern is how well the interface would support a very large collection of books. With the Palm, I can just organise everything by directory as Genre/Author/Series/Book and this works great.

The Hanlin manual (and a YouTube review I found) seems to suggest the it uses a folder structure, but I can't find much detal. How exactly does the Hanlin file interface work, and could it cope with a very large number of files.

(PS: I'd probably be looking to get the V3R2 from ApolloXXI, if that matters)
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote