View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #68
entodoays
Zealot
entodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
I'm really interested in installing rupor's or uboot's packages but before I go on I would like to ask for a few clarifications.

About the uboot package:
1. Can you confirm that it is not necessary to restore the original firmware before flashing?
2. Did you modify the package to include the two apk's you installed afterwards in the flash package?

About the rupor package:
1. This requires restoring to the unrooted state, right? I have Link2SD installed with quite a number of apps linked to the SD card. To "unroot" I would use the restore-set package from Boroda, right? Do I need to do anything to the Link2SD apps?

2. After restoration, I should flash the absolutely minimal root. Just to be sure, could you please confirm it is the package named "20120325 - Absolutely minimal root "? Does this package cause a sporadic hang and restart or did I understand the google translation badly? What is included in the package: is there a launcher, Coolreader, other apps ? I could not find the contents of this package.

3. What are the packages in the "20120327" line? Are these newer packages that replace the 20120325 ones? If this is so, which one should I use?

While hoping these questions are helpful to others, I thank you, uboot and rupor, in advance for your patience.
entodoays is offline   Reply With Quote