Thread: JBL irritation
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #5
DebbyS
Connoisseur
DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite; Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
NGrant and Ken, thanks for the ideas and info! Overnight I was thinking about it and realized I should try what I just now discovered you suggested, NGrant. Plug the JBL into the computer, make sure the JBL sees that and is on, then change out the batteries. Wait a few moments, tell the computer (running Windows XP at home) to release the device (computer sees it twice, once for the JBL's internal storage and once for the card I have in it), then see if the JBL remembers everything. I'll let you know.

Also, holding down the "on" button longer may be a good idea, Ken. I'll try that, too, if the above doesn't work or if I'm somewhere I can't use a computer.

ProDigit, as far as I know, the batteries aren't the problem (I use the NI-MH kind, called for by my recharger), but who knows? the JBL may be sensitive to something about them that causes it to swoon when I change the batteries.
DebbyS is offline   Reply With Quote