View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
djulian
Addict
djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Mobi in Kindle for PC

I don't know if I'm just missing something, but I can't get any non-Amazon mobi files to open in Kindle for PC. I convert from HTML to MOBI via Calibre, and then transfer the created MOBI file to the Kindle folder on my laptop. When I open that file, it opens Kindle for PC, but then the file disappears from the Kindle folder, and never opens in the software.

Is this a new restriction from Amazon, or is there some simple thing I'm not aware of?

EDIT: I just tried to open a Manybooks.net MOBI file, and experienced the same problem.

Last edited by djulian; 03-30-2012 at 01:12 PM.
djulian is offline   Reply With Quote