View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #56
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
I used to read a lot of Star Trek novels. I think I got to the point where I had read them all, and once I didn't have anything more to read I stopped. Of course, if I start again, there's a backlog of books to read. I haven't read as many of the DS9 books, I'm more interested in stories that take off from where the series ended rather than the book just being another episode (although that is OK too).

There is a debate on whether events that created the new movie timeline made the previous timeline never have happened. But I can still watch the episodes, and that new books are being created tells me that the original timeline is alive and well! ;-) I thought the movie was fun, but I don't think it will carry Star Trek forward. When the producers say that there are no more ideas, it is that THEY have run out of ideas, it's not the same thing at all. I think books set in the original timeline will dominate over the new movie timeline.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote