View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #21
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2, iPad, KindleFire and NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpilot View Post
But not zip files, I gather?

I tried to drag&drop yesterday without success. I saw a flash of a dos-like command screen, which then vanished, and I can't find anything remotely resembling my html file in the Kindlegen directory. (Same thing happens if I left-click on kindlegen.exe--a glimpse of blue, then it's gone.)

Incidentally, are all those dozens of gif files really necessary, or are they part of the welcome/readme files? Makes it hard to find anything in that directory!

(I'm using Windows Explorer to drag&drop, from one directory to the other. Is that what I'm supposed to be doing?)

Thanks!
OP:

Actually, I have no idea, as I never use them. I mean...an ePUB is a zipped file, and it works a treat on KG. I pretty much went from originally making prc's way back directly to epub, thence to KG/Previewer; I never went the "zipped html folder" route, myself; we all work fairly directly in xhtml-->ePUB-->mobi. I don't see why KG would not accept a zipped file, actually, but it mightn't be a supported file format. (In the alternative, drop the OPF on KG--I know that works and shouldn't be very different than what you're doing--should actually save you...3 steps, I think).

@sarafnikit: Sorry--what is it you are asking? There are others (try the mobiunpack thread) who are FAR more expert than I in the inner, proprietary workings of KindleGen/Previewer/mobi.

HTH,
Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote