View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #30
geekmaster
Всё гениальное просто.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: *.*
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcp1999 View Post
Hi geekmaster. I have followed your other threads and have now managed to get my Kindle into diags mode using the MfgTool.exe. I have tried selecting fastboot mode but am not sure I am actually in fastboot mode. How do I tell?

Apologies for my ignorance, but I also do not follow these instructions:

In fastboot mode, do:
gunzip mmcblk0p2.img.gz
sudo ./fastboot flash diags mmcblk0p2.img

is fastboot and executable on the kindle? and if so, how do I mount the kindle when it is in fastboot mode to access this?

Millions of thanks again for all your efforts here.
When you plug in a kindle in fastboot mode, it shows up as a device with USB VID/PID 0x1949/0xD0D0. Also, the fastboot program should report its serial number when you do "fastboot getvar serial". If using linux fastboot, you need to run it as root.

There is a windows fastboot now too, which does not need the "sudo ./" at the front of the fastboot command. The windows version needs the libusb-win32 device drivers installed before it can see the kindle (otherwise you only see "< waiting for device >").

You can set fastboot mode from the diags exit menu (install fastboot bundle option).

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-26-2012 at 03:49 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote