The Sony PRS-T1 notes plugin allows you to export the notes from your Sony PRS-T1 ereader, by merging the notes with the original book/document and creating a new PDF.
Main features of Sony PRS-T1 notes plugin:
- Create new PDF file: original book/document with handwritten notes correctly positioned on top.
- Does not rasterise the text and handwriting (like the Sony Reader application does, resulting in an enormous low-quality file): handwriting is an extra (vector-based) layer on top of the original PDF.
- Supports both (1) merging entire book/document, with a few pages with handwriting and (2) exporting only the pages with handwriting.
- Requires Calibre v0.8.34 (Januari 2012) or later.
- I have received many emails asking whether the plugin supports EPUB books, exporting typed notes, or exporting highlighted pieces of text. This is not the case at the moment: only handwritten notes in PDF books/documents can be exported using this plugin. See this post for more details. Sorry!
- Download the attached zip file
- Open the preferences dialog ("Change Calibre behaviour"), click on the "Plug-ins" button and click "Load plug-in from file", pointing Calibre at the plugin zipfile.
If you find this plugin useful please feel free to show your appreciation.