View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 01:06 AM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonflyKing View Post
The Kobo Touch has a deep plastic frame which often casts a shadow on the first line of each page in most indoor lighting conditions. I successfully overcame this by using Calibre converted and setting the top margin from 5 to 10 pts. I am using Calibre 0.8.42.

Yesterday I sync'ed my Kobo Touch and installed update 1.9.17 (r37603, 3/16/12). Now all of my books are back to the default top margin. Even new downloads (that I have converted) ignore the margin set in Calibre.

This is a minor gripe. I just thought I would flag this to any Calibre developers who may be maintaining the margin controls or the Kobo Touch interface.
It may be beyond Calibre's control if Kobo is now ignoring Body margins (those are the ones that are being set Device output Profile Margins) when you adjust the ones shown on the Common Options: 'Page Setup'

Check that Preference to see if something went bump
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote