View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 09:47 AM   #4
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
I got the impression that Amazon has put in real effort on the Kindle and is likely to keep pushing it for a while. They know this is a big change in how people read, and they know it will take time to gather speed. I think keeping the Kindle at the top of their home page is part of that project.

Plus, I've bought more Amazon books in the 2 months since I got my Kindle than I did in the six months previous, and I'm trying to be restrained, and checking other vendors for non-DRMed versions first. I bet they are getting a significant jump in bookbuying volume from Kindle owners vs non-Kindle owners, and I expect it's to their advantage to add more Kindle owners (beyond just the $ for the Kindle).

So overall, I don't think it's that surprising.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote