View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #7
Lazer
Groupie
Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Thanks guys! I'll ask again later this year when the book is finished.

The fact that Amazon.ca doesn't sell Kindle books suggests to me that I should not give Amazon an exclusive.
GA: I'm not sure you can even give Amazon an exclusive. It was just as easy for me to upload to Barnes and Noble (ePub format of couse). I keep the price the same. However, I'll sell 20 or more books on Amazon before anything moves on B&N.

I did some reading last night about this Canadian issue. I still think that if you upload to both Amazon.com and B&N you'll cover >90% of the market (including Canada). I've talked to several iPad owners that buy their books from Amazon, not Apple. I suspect Droid tablet owners are in the same boat. Amazon's title numbers are just too good to pass up.

On my second book, it'll be uploaded as a Kindle first, then as a POD with CreateSpace. Finally as a B&N (when I get bored).

Since your book has ties to Canada, surely you've got Canadian contacts you could canvass? –if you do, please post your feedback.
Lazer is offline   Reply With Quote