View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #199
ah-
Connoisseur
ah- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ah- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ah- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ah- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ah- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ah- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ah- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ah- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ah- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ah- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ah- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Touch
The hide page numbers thing is actually something different from what the other hide page numbers option does. The tweaks-version hides the bottom label, the firmware option hides page numbers that sometimes appear on the right.

Quote:
The thing to remember is that the plugin only exposes functionality that is present in the original Kobo code; it adds menu options for features already present; no more; no less.
While that's true for some things it currently does, it's possible to do a lot more. I've already thought about messing with epub formatting, when I have some time to spare I'll check it out. Having an option to ignore most formatting would be useful as well, most of the books that I sideload don't work properly in the sense that I can't change the font, the text is way too huge etc.

I hoped that this would be fixed in the official firmware soon, but it seems adding some formatting options would worth implementing.

Quote:
I guess everyone is far too busy coding to answer a simple question about functionality
Fair point, I'll try to add some photos/a list of features in the next update.

Quote:
Great work by the developers on this!
Thanks!

Quote:
Not using the shelf feature but the rest is working very well. Wouldn't be suprised to see the actual KT devs take some of these ideas.
I'd love to see that happen. In some way, the goal of this plugin is to become redundant because all of the features have found their way into the official firmware.

Quote:
Would love to have the plugin load automagically. As someone else described, could the plugin set it self to "not autostart" when it begins and if it comes up OK toggle autostart back on as it's last action? That way if there's a problem, it won't try to load on next boot. Thoughts?
The problem with that is that with the current method of loading the plugin it's not possible to get code executed automatically at boot. This would require finding another way to load the plugin, which requires be quite a bit of work.

Last edited by ah-; 03-23-2012 at 02:21 PM.
ah- is offline   Reply With Quote