View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #14
JAcheson
Tech Writer
JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Nook Color, Nook Simple Touch, Vizio Tablet, Nexus 10
It took me a while to get the new Honeycomb file sync working on my Windows XP system at work.

The key is that it now works as an MTP device instead of a USB flash drive.

The key bits:

1) You do not need to turn on USB debugging under Settings/Applications/Development. You do not need to install the Android SDK.

2) You need to install MTP drivers for XP. Just install Windows Media Player 11. You may also need to install the generic Android USB drivers for Windows.

3) Go into Control Panel/System/Device Manager and find your tablet. Update the driver, and select the "I will select the driver" option. Then make sure you select the MTP drivers, not the AD-something drivers for the SDK (I didn't write this down as I was doing it, obviously).

Once you have the MTP device drivers set up, the system will mount your tablet as VTAB1008 under My Computer. The onboard storage and the SD card, if present, will be mounted as separate drives under VTAB1008.
JAcheson is offline   Reply With Quote