View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 09:43 PM   #5
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchdt View Post
Thanks your help speakingtohe. One more question, if i was to add epub files to my kindle in the same folder as mobi files would they take up space on my kindle, even though the kindle cant read them?

Because when i look in the directory file of my kindle the epub files are still there.
If you use Send to Device (Kindle), It sends ONLY the first ENABLED format found in the Device driver (preference). No way it should send EPUB if the setting has not been modified.

Now Send to DISK will send more than 1 format (by default. there are settings)
A unused format takes space on on the device that has limited storage.

Your PC, while not unlimited, has way more, so keeping the 'original' on the PC makes sense as every conversion layer loses something and can add noise (code). So if you later need a different format (or need to edit that EPUB and make a fresh Mobi you start cleaner
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote