View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iTouch, Jetbook, PRS 650, Aura HD
Kobo vs Kindle, sideloading and syncing

I currently have a Sony PRS 650 and while I quite like it I feel like I definitely bought it at the wrong time (back when $240 wasn't an outrageous price for an e-reader) and I'm missing out on wifi connection and being able to sync my books. I have an iPhone and an Asus Transformer both with Kindle and Kobo installed on it. I thought it would be neat to get a Kindle or a Kobo Reader so that I could have all my books and bookmarks synced across all platforms so that I could continue reading my books anywhere. I buy most of my books from the Kobo book store but I also get a few from the Sony store and now Amazon.com (thank you VPN!). What I'm wondering is, do both of these devices (Kindle/Kobo) allow sideloading and syncing of books not bought specifically from their stores?
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote