View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #41
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenderland View Post
Focus,
you are correct. The crack is no proove that it was your fault. There is indeed the possibility, that the screen was slightly cracked already, when you got it and with a minimum of pressure it broke.
Sorry, but it is impossible. The screen is less than 1mm thick. It is not a kind of carglass. If it splits - the split goes over entire screen.
If you would look more exactly at the pics, you could see the screen is whole of electrical conductors. Even a very smal split would cause severed conductors and therefore non functioning device.

I dont know how it could happen. Screen is stabilized by a solid metal plate. It is quite impossible to bend the device. Only possibility I can imagine - pressing against the screen. I have inspected the device. The device was assembled very accurate. There were no deformations or tensions.
The quality control of Onyx International was improved dramatically in the last time. The screen was produced by PVI and they also have a very strong quality control. They are inspecting every produced screen through a row of hightech machines with lasers, x-rays etc.
Mechanical faulty are therefore virtually excluded. We have sometimes to deal with problems with electronic (very seldom actually) though . But those problems are covered by manufacturers warranty.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote