Thread: Touch Excessive Battery Use?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #90
azazel1024
Groupie
azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook simple touch, iPad 2
I can't help thinking hardware related issues not just because my new nook ST is working perfectly. Out of curiousity, did the nook ST you have come with a charger or not? And/or a Refurb?

One of my thoughts was that an earlier batch of Nook STs had bad battery/voltage monitors in them causing the issues. Could easily have been a batch of a few hundred thousand manufacturered earlier on (my broken one came with a charger, the new one I got as a warranty replacement did not have a charger and was new, not refurb). If a large percentage, say 5-20% had a manufacturing issue, it would explain, especially if a lot of people have been getting replacements that are broken as well what is going on.

Refurbs in some cases might have the issue as well. I doubt B&N is replacing batteries in refurbs unless they are obviously wrong. They might not be doing it even on user reported battery problems when they turn them in for warranty replacements. If the battery on a quick tests shows as good, it probably is retained in the refurb unit even though the battery/voltage monitor is actually bad in real use.
azazel1024 is offline   Reply With Quote