View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 01:21 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I just had a play with the status synching. If you want to use this, it appears to be only one-way. It goes from Calibre to the KT.

Here is how it appears to need to be configured:

- With the KT connected, open the device configuration.
- Enter the collections you want to use. The list "Im_Reading, Read, Closed, Shortlist" is all that you can use can be entered like that.
- Save the configuration and eject the device.
- For each book on the device, add one or more of the above list as a tag.
- Change "Sending books to Device" to the automatic option.
- Connect the device.

Calibre will then do its work in connecting to the device. In doing this, it will clear all the "collections" on the device and then for each book with one of the above tags, it will update the device database to put them in the collection. It does not pull this from the device and apply them to the Calibre library.

I think the above is correct. It is based on my tests today and a quick look at the code. I have probably missed something, and will be happy to be corrected on it. I wasn't using this before and I won't be in the future as I don't like how it works. I would like to have this done automatically, but it would need to be two way. I'd also like to be able to put the status in field other than the tag field. I might have a look at this myself sometime, but I have something else I am working on at the moment.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote