Some more finds:
- When you long-press the menu button within a book, the mic enables (future software?)
So far it does some commands on voice, but not really what you want it to do!
For instance, when I hold the menu button, knowing that the mic is on the bottom,and the device rubs on a bedsheet (lots of noise recorded), the device will freak out, and jump several pages.
When I say 'dictionary',it shows me the 'go to page' menu. When I say 'go to page 5' it starts TTS service. When I say 'TTS' it reads TTS.
When I say 'mark all' (thinking of marking the text), the 'goto page' menu appears.
I don't really know the correct commands yet...
- I've been reading epub files for a while now, and the zoom/font size selection is much easier in epub mode, than in pdf mode, where zoom/font need to be used in combination!
At zoom 100% the 9,7" Jetbook Color looks very much like a larger version of my 5 or 6" reader (in amount of text per page)!
At 80 to 75% it looks like those 6" readers set with their font to smallest fontsize (12pt); though the font is surprisingly well readable, like any regular book.
At 50% the font is really small, hard to read, and lots of data on the screen.
- Epub files just like PDF files can't be rotated to landscape reading, don't have a menu bar showing the time nor the page per amount of pages per book, nor any other indicator to show you how far along a book you are (the indicator is shown in the book directory, but not within the book); and it has the same issues as the Jetbook, in that some last words of a line are made transparent, to show a page number on the complete right of the book.
If possible, I'd prefer to see a menu bar (when clicking menu), showing the page number and time there, not page number somewhere in between the text!
- The JBC also sometimes spontaneously goes back (like pressing the back or esc button (the back arrow button)). I don't know why. RF interference? Not wifi. I still have to figure out why. This has only happened twice in the 24 hours I handled the JBC.
Another weakness of the cover:
- The cover has a stand to tilt it back in portrait mode. When closing the cover, this stand is sticking out, and pressing against the screen, essentially making it possible for pressure to touch the screen, and break it. If it was me, I would have tried to create a cover which pressed on the plastic borders but did not press on the screen, or if it did press on the screen, to press equally over the whole screen. The stand is actually pressing on the center of the screen. You will not want to take the jetbook into a schoolbag between some binders and books, for chances are great it might damage the screen!
- So far I've been using the JBC quite a lot, transferring files, deleting files, skipping through books and programs, viewing pictures and reading books, and I've only used 1 bar out of 4 in the past 3 days!
I read Internet instead of books.
Last edited by ProDigit; 03-13-2012 at 11:57 AM.