View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #10
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
The main battery hog is the "Radio standby". I assume the hardware is still there for it to use battery... (and as it has GB, the software is there too)
I suspect the radio that is using up your battery is the wi-fi radio, you can turn it off in setup, but then you wouldn't have wifi. Just because the OS has phone support, doesn't mean that the cellular radio is present.

I know, it's a bit confusing, but a smartphone has several radios, they are:

1. phone,
2. wifi,
3. wimax (in the case of Sprint 4G phones),
4. LTE 4G (in phones that have LTE)
5. Bluetooth,
6. GPS (reciever only).

A tablet my or may not have some or all of those, but I don't know of any that doesn't have at least the wifi.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote