View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 12:14 PM   #40
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Hmm. I am using IE only.

I have Firefox as well but i have not noticed anything special about it to give up on IE.
*sigh*

You obviously haven't really looked.

Firefox is probably the most standards compliant browser. IE has web developers tearing their hair because it isn't standards compliant, and requires all sorts of work-arounds to get things to render correctly that work fine in other browsers. (CSS support is a particular problem.) It's also insecure as hell, even in IE 7, which was supposedly the big security fix release. IE 8 (with beta 1 available) is supposedly the big standards compliance release. I expect it to improve standards compliance about as well as IE 7 improved security -- not enough.

Firefox is the most secure browser, and the most powerful. Look at the Sidebar (which is sort of IE Favorites on steroids - all sorts of things besides bookmarks can go in the Sidebar.) Look at the thousands of extensions which have been written to alter and enhance the way FF works. (I posted some of my favorites previously.) Look at the number of themes available to change the appearance, if your taste runs to eye candy and skinning.

But mostly, just take a closer look.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote