View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #1
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Reflow / custom zoom selection. Comparisons

Seems to me that there might be a little confusion around, about reflow / custom zoom selection / simple zooming on PDF files*. Let's do some examples. If someone else could add more pics with his devices, it'd be nice for everyone.

The following images are from an enTourage edge, but I think the latest PB's and Boox's 9,7" may have a better management, when it comes to navigating the custom-zoomed parts of the page.

File: http://www.pnas.org/content/108/49/19569.full.pdf
1, just opened
2, custom zoom selection (like if borders trimmed)
3, custom zoom selection (of the first column)
4: reflow

File: http://www.jjg.net/elements/pdf/elements.pdf
A, just opened
B, landscaped
C, custom zoom selection over image
D, reflow, with the central image being broken in pieces

File: ftp://ftp.sonicwall.com/pub/info/installation_guide.pdf
I, just opened
II, custom zoom selection
III, custom zoom selection + scribbling
IV, reflow
But like with the previous file, if I reflow, the images are broken in pieces (or not shown)

Notes:
I didn't show the standard zoom (to gradually Zoom in + / out -): when you click on "Zoom in" = arrows appear in the four directions, to navigate the page you just click on them.

The area of the custom zoom ("Zoom select"), is selected by drawing an imaginary diagonal with the stylus

zoom selection and reflow, here, are permanent when you turn page. You can do any kind of stylus annotations in these modes, but when you go back to "fit to page" visualization: annotations won't be seen, only highlights. To see annotations again, you must return in annotation mode, and the page will display again as when you annotated it.

Before you ask: the screen's surface appears glare because of the film I applied to it, being a heavy user of stylus annotations I had to use it (Vikuiti, very thick one and pricey, but durable).

No flash used, Canon A2000IS cheap point-and-shoot, night, one 15W low-consumption bulb

Last edited by lorenzoens; 03-13-2012 at 12:11 PM.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote