Okay, next aspect of "Secrets of Indie Success": Blogs. We all have one. How many of us are attracting the traffic we feel we deserve or are at least having the blogging experience we expected when we got started. I've been snooping around Youtube for tutorials and I came up with a list of 12 ways I've used to promote my blog:
1. Blog Pinging i.e. Ping-o-matic
, Pingoat.com, Feed Shark (enter your blog address and RSS and they ping these content aggregators).
2. RSS Syndication i.e. Amazon Author Page, Goodreads Author Page (enter your blog's RSS address, and syndicate your blog content around the web).
3. Link Dump Sites i.e. Fark.com, CollegeHumor.com, Gorillamask.com
4. Blog Comments and Blog "Liking" for a link (perhaps the most effective).
5. Social Media Pinging i.e. Ping.fm (set up an account to post a message to a bunch of social media sites at once).
6. Guest Posting 7. Blog Tours
8. SEO tactics, keyword, title, anchor text optimization
9. Forum Signature Line Links
10. Social media participation (tweeting, Goodreads-ing)
11. Syndicated podcasting with open/close calls to action, text links, etc.
12. Free ebooks through Smashwords with embedded blog links
Any one have any other methods, tactics or elaborations that they like to use to drive traffic to their blogs?