Thread: Tools Fastboot Manifesto
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #102
geekmaster
Всё гениальное просто.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: *.*
This looks promising for running fastboot:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/portableubuntu/

I used a portable colinux distro before and it worked quite well. It lets you launch ubuntu inside 32-bit XP (or other windows) and runs NOT in a VM, but side-by-side with windows. I do not know how well USB support is, but I plan to test it. I am downloading it from sourceforge now.

How it works is that the linux kernel runs as a windows device driver, and all of its device drivers are stubs that request service from windows drivers. It uses the windows desktop, so linux and windows apps can run side-by-side on the desktop too.

The nice thing about this portable distro is that you just run it in windows when you want it -- no need to install it.

I will keep you posted how well fastboot runs in this portable colinux environment. I plan to run it in a 32-bit VirtualBox WinXP VM (my host PC is 64-bit linux).

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-10-2012 at 09:36 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote