View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #10
BWinmill
Wizard
BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellr View Post
Note that some PDF apps require WiFi to be on so you can be bombarded with ads.
Yeah, I find the world of Android software to be a wee bit disturbing. It is definitely a huge shift from Windows where there is a tonne of free software that doesn't try to monetize users (through advertising, data mining, or other means). It is a gargantuan step from traditional Linux systems where most of the software is free in every sense of the word.

I'm not sure that I like this new world of computers, a world where I have to monitor my internet connection just to figure out what the heck vendors are up to.
BWinmill is offline   Reply With Quote