View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #22
jttraverse
Enthusiast
jttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it is

Device: none
stripping before and after...but what gets charged?

I'll understand if no one has a definite answer for this, but so far I'm at least getting great helpful answers. So, if a Mobi file has both original and K8 formats in it, and if from that Amazon only sends the customer the right format portion based on which Kindle the customer has, I'd love to know if the publisher/author gets charged the transfer fee based only on the size the customer downloads, or the whole original size.

If the whole file is 15mb (because it's packed with 2-3 different content formats so Amazon can strip it apart and send one of them to the customer) I'd hope they don't charge the author for transfering the whole file size everytime if a customer really only downloads a portion, not the whole 15mb.

Anyone know?
Thanks,
JT
jttraverse is offline   Reply With Quote