View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by croyd View Post
1) Why choose a tablet reader over a dedicated ereader? What are the main advantages and disadvantages?
The main thing for me is battery life. For some the LCD screen is too hard on their eyes for extended reading times (I vastly prefer eInk, but LCD is usable for me). Some folks find the other things you can do with a tablet to distract them from their reading.

Quote:
4) For Kobo Vox folks that returned them, why did you return the product and how long did you spend with it before you returned it?
I kept mine for a couple of weeks. I found it to be an OK device overall, but it was outdated hardware compared to the Fire or Nook Touch and came out about the same time. Tech wise it's more on a level with the Nook Color. For just reading it works quite well, but sometimes doesn't have the horsepower to do other tasks as well as one might want. I found it to be pretty buggy, although most Kobo devices have been at launch and they may have issued fixes by now. It's a decent device, just wasn't quite right for me.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote