View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #7
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPod Nano, & a PC running Windows 9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
I don't want to bias my own poll... but if its weight is more than what we have now, I will not.

The only reason why I returned or changed my iPad1 was because I bought it about a week before new one came out. When I confirmed iPad2 was thinner and not so heavy as iPad1, I decided to go for most recent model instead. I knew it was going to be more comfortable to hold; I was right.

I know retina display is really a nice bonus for those who use it as an ereader, but to me, weight is an important factor as well. I want something comfortable and light when reading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Yeah, well, I consider the iPad 2 neither comfortable nor light. I've had it fall on my face a couple of times while reading that I only use it when I absolutely need the bigger screen (mostly for comics and manga). Heck, even the Nook Color, I consider to be too heavy.

For normal reading, I'm either on my iPhone, iPod Touch, Nexus S or PRS-350.
Unfortunately the iPad 3 is heavier than the iPad 2. The Wi-Fi version is 1.44 lbs, and the 4G model is 1.46 lbs. That's in contrast to the 1.33 lbs. for the iPad2 Wi-Fi, and 1.34 & 1.35 lbs. for the iPad 2's 3G model (depending on the carrier). At least none of them are as heavy as the original's 1.5 pounds, but they're moving in the wrong direction.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote