View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 03:12 AM   #3
BWinmill
Wizard
BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I agree that more legitimate sources for media in a form that the consumer wants will undercut piracy. I also believe that the value of DRM is questionable in reducing piracy (and may even encourage it when it restricts consumer's access to legitimate sources).

Still, I had the urge to play with the numbers on PC gaming. If you subtract China from the equation, worldwide growth was closer to 7.5%. Still good, IMHO, but it is a good demonstration of how one market can completely alter the figures.
BWinmill is offline   Reply With Quote