View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #14
arikfunke
Enthusiast
arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: iRex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
1. I think i found out how to access the whole filesystem and execute files (theoretically!). It seems, that the file /opt/amazon/ebook/security/external.policy handles, what a kindlet is able to do (read here and here). Some new permissions should make it possible to start mplayer/kinamp within the kindlet and make launchpad/kite unnecessary.
2. I'm using dsmid's dictaphone and sometimes i wish to delete/rename failed records.
3. Another nice thing was the possibility to make a playlist with the kindlet itself, you could collect files from different folders into a temporary playlist and play them (like a folder).

I can't promise anything in the near future (still busy...), but these things aren't too difficult and definitely will be added somewhen.
Hi Kuja,

after a bit more investigating I am 100% sure that kamp alone is the problem: the playlist file is generated ok and if I call mplayer with is it works just fine. kamp however crashes - but only about 90% of the time. The last 10% of the time is works. --- Really odd.

Regarding your announcement for future features: that sounds really great. I am particularly looking forward to 3. Once that is done one could extend it even further with sorting using Artists, Genres, etc.

It should be possible to use mplayer to scan the music folder, extract all the necessary information into a small sqlite database to read from your kindlet. I would be happy to offer help with this.
arikfunke is offline   Reply With Quote