View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #2
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbearjt08 View Post
Need some advice.

I currently have a Nook Color, rooted to CM7 on sdcard. I don't use it much other than to read because it is too slow.

My requirements:

Cost - $299 or less

Apps: Andriod Market or Amazon (must have apps: Kindle, B&N, Moon+Reader, Adilko)

Storage: ability to sideload my epub books so I can read them with Moon+reader; 8MB at least

Processor: 1GB?? 512???

Games - want to be able to play a few

Movies - maybe, maybe not. I have a TV.

Size: No more than 9"?? Am used to 7" NC

I saw that Office Depot had the Lenova ThinkPad K1 for $299 on clearance. Kindle Fire is $199; Nook Tablet 8GB is $199;

I want a good clear picture no matter what a do. Wi-Fi definately.

Any thoughts?
I've been in the same position for a while. I was looking at the Pocketbook 912 but it's $359. That's a good price but not exceptional. I ended up going with the Le Pan II Android tablet. It's available at Best Buy for $279. I don't have it yet but it looks promising. I'll give a report when I finally get it.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote