View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #408
geekmaster
Всё гениальное просто.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: *.*
Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlu View Post
What does this mean for you?
Nothing. Right now. I'll be writing a nice and easy "one click" tool sometime in the near future. For now, just sit tight and wait. If you have a bricked kindle, just put it on the shelves for now. If you want to attempt a solution, join the development chat room and if I have time I may help you. (but it won't be easy and it'll take time from making the tool! you need to be technically knowledged)
While not YET a one-click tool, we have taken this information learned while debricking my K4NT over IRC, and simplified it as we successfully used it to debrick a LOT more kindles since my K4NT.

With requests for help still coming in (also from other forums including amazon.com) while the information needed to debrick a kindle (k4 or touch) was scattered through various threads, I decided to create a new "step-by-step debricking guide" in a new thread "simple kindle touch (and k4nt) debricking method" which simplifies information from the "Select Boot" and "Fastboot Manifesto" threads.

And now it has become even easier, by using fastboot to flash a kindle touch diags partition with SSH preinstalled.

The current "state-of-the-art" in kindle debricking is here:
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170929

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-04-2012 at 10:51 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote