View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #409
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslom001 View Post
Hey ya'll,

So I'm sure you're tired of noobs posting but I just need a little help. I rooted my kindle last night and then tried giving it ics 4. So, I wiped everything (as instructed) and before hand I added the cm09 file along with the gapps. Yet, when I downloaded and extracted these two files they came out as multiple files so I first extracted the files to my desktop. I then transferred the individual files to the root of my kindle. When trying to "install" them , the individual files(which cm09 and gapps had been comprised of ) popped up but I couldn't do anything with them (flash ,etc). So, then I tried condensing all the gapps files into one "gapps" folder and all the cmo9 files into one "cm09" folder and transfer it to the root. Same thing happened. What I think I should haev done is not extracted either and just have sent the unzipped files to the root of my kindle...woops...I am a dumb noob after all! So, now I'm stuck with my kindle and when I turn it on to "normal mode" (not the TWRP) the "kindlefire" insignia pops up at start up like normal but it just sits there like that. Any idea of what I should do and where I can get the files to do it so that I too can have the LIMITLESS POWER OF ICE CREAM!!?? MWAHAHAHAHA...really though..any help ?

You might have better luck getting the help you need over the XDA forums. There are some smart people here, but the folks over there do this stuff every day.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote