Thread: Why no Android?
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #5
tuxor
Addict
tuxor is kind to children and small, furry animalstuxor is kind to children and small, furry animalstuxor is kind to children and small, furry animalstuxor is kind to children and small, furry animalstuxor is kind to children and small, furry animalstuxor is kind to children and small, furry animalstuxor is kind to children and small, furry animalstuxor is kind to children and small, furry animalstuxor is kind to children and small, furry animalstuxor is kind to children and small, furry animalstuxor is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
At the moment, we lack an appropriate basis of discussion, since we don't know any app (besides Kindle and Kobo, but come on - that's a bad joke?!), that actually works on an ereader with eink... Maybe there will be certain eink devices in the future, that will be compatible with a lot of apps. But I honestly doubt a device like the Boox M92 would provide a nicer experience if there was an android mod for it. I simply can't imagine that any "real" android app would run on it given all those touch gestures, animations, etc.

Btw, 256 mb ram with android 2.2+? Horrible - I'm a Milestone owner, I know what I'm talking about. Just forget it. It's a pain. And I have to admit that I simply don't like android - it's not really open source and it's so crappy to actually build an android mod. For the whole build procedure you'll need up to 90GB on your hard drive!!!

Last edited by tuxor; 03-01-2012 at 06:13 PM.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote