View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #5
49Kat
I'm just a bird, see?
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650 (1st reader); Kobo Vox (retired); iPad2;iPad Mini;iPhone5
I tried to get a preview of this graphic novel, and I get a 'download failed'. When I try to open the preview from my bookshelf, I see a box that says "Sorry! This book is not yet available on this device. You may download and read this book using our desktop software, or check back at a later date."

To troubleshoot, I purchased a 'comic' for $1.99. Mixed results. Usually I get a "Book Error. This book cannot be opened due to an error. Please try again later." Sometimes I see only a blank screen. Once I actually did manage to open the thing, but if this is the way comics or graphic novels are going to display--no thanks. I was unable to change the size of the screen and a portion of it was cut off. I don't see any way to re-do the download, I don't see a downloaded file.

I did purchase a Vox book today without problems.

I've never read graphic novels or comics on the Vox before, can anyone shed some light on what the problem might be? The free "Franklin" that came installed on the Vox works just fine.

(I see another support ticket brewing...)
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote