View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #310
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-950, Aluratek Libre Pro, Kindle Touch, Galaxy Note 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by djulian View Post
Two things:
1) Your definition is, "The dictionary says X, but it doesn't make sense and leaves all sorts of unanswered questions." So how do you specifically define obscenity?
Something that's depraved. And yes, I know that's vague.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djulian View Post
2) Must PayPal (or any business) perform business transactions that involve materials they have deemed to be obscene simply because you do not deem them to be obscene? If so, isn't that effectively saying that their definition is less right or less valid than yours?
No, they don't, and yes, it is. But I never said they must. If you read my earlier posts in this thread you'll see that my objection is not to their decision but the way they acted on it. They should have given Smashwords a fair chance to arrange for another payment method, not throw them an ultimatum the way they did.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote