View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #54
NuPogodi
Enthusiast
NuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Thanks a lot for mc. I guess that only my stupidity does not allow me to run it so that i could see filenames with a proper encoding (in my case, filenames consisted of cyrillic characters).

I've successfully run mc within myts which allows me both to see and, after some tuning, to type cyrillic chars (just SYM+key). But no matter what i did with mc-itself, the double question characters (?? for one char in the non-ASCII filename) are displayed instead.

The funny thing is that, being unable to display non-ASCII characters properly, mc have nevetheless successfully created new folder with cyrillic name (F7 > SYM+keys). So, please, give me few tips:
1) is it principally possible to see non-ASCII chars in mc (say, filenames or utf8-encoded texts in mc-viewer)?
2) what should i change in the mc-configuration to have this opportunity?

Any answers and/or ideas would be appreciated.
NuPogodi is offline   Reply With Quote