View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 11:19 PM   #39
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle PW2, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by deannah View Post
If I am understanding correctly, then in order to backup my books successfully (correctly) I should download them to a Kindle device and NOT to the K4PC? Prior to saving them via a Calibre library? This is so confusing.
And TIA.

To backup your books, successfully - in my opinion - you need to download them, strip the DRM, and save them where you can back them up so they will be usable on other ereaders.

For me, this is a combination of Calibre, and the tools for Calibre that are available when googling Apprentice Alf.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote