View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 12:12 PM   #4
macrotor
Connoisseur
macrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it is

Device: Tungsten|C with Nokia6200
Heh, my wife and I were just discussing this after trying to shop for some books by Dorothy L. Sayers. $16 for an eReader book!!! Alan Dean Foster has posted many nice books at reasonable prices that I have happily purchased, but I honestly think that some publishers are posting eBooks at ridiculous prices in the honest hopes that they will NOT sell.

Then they can publicly state, "We ventured into digital publishing but it was proven to be a small market."

It gives them a good excuse to ignore it. eBooks will be hard to push until the managers of the de-facto publishers retire and are replaced with some fresh blood that is willing to explore new mediums and take some chances. Rowling's publisher is simply too "big" to get with the times.

....Apple is now posting videos on iTunes. The iPod has been proven to be a reasonable eBook reader. Think they would be willing to add eBooks to iTunes and help the medium take hold?

- Jim
macrotor is offline   Reply With Quote